Depending upon whom you ask, pit bulls are dangerous and prone to attack or they are lovable and sweet. The truth of the matter may actually lie somewhere in between these two declarations. Research has shown that any dog can attack and bite people. It has also postulated that pit bulls raised and socialized properly may not necessarily engage in animal bites.
In the interest of keeping you and your family safe, it’s important to look at information from both sides of the pit bull debate. However, you should know that injury attorneys serving Pennsylvania residents have handled many animal bite cases involving owner negligence in pit bull attacks. In the end, you will have to make your own decision about their capacity to attack.
- Pit bulls may be responsible for twice as many animal bites as other dog breeds.
- Pit bulls may have the instinct to kill through breeding.
- Pit bulls are believed responsible for more than 14,000 dog deaths between 2013 and 2014.
- Pit bulls may not present any warning signs before an attack.
- Pit bulls have a desire to please humans.
- Pit bulls are good with kids.
- Pit bulls are among the most loyal dog breeds.
- Pit bulls enjoy cuddling and other forms of contact with their owners.
As you can see, it is difficult to identify with precision whether pit bulls are more dangerous than other dogs. The best rule when facing any unfamiliar animal is to remain alert and try to keep a safe distance. Those who have suffered animal bites from any dog may be able to acquire compensation for their injuries by utilizing the state’s legal system.