Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Allentown, PA
Motorcycle accidents involve unique issues that are different from those in your typical auto accident collision and can come in all shapes and sizes
- A car turns left in front of you; the most common motorcycle accident. A car fails to see you or judges your speed incorrectly, turning in front of you at an intersection.
- A car changes lane into you. You’re riding in traffic when a car in another lane suddenly veers into the space you’re occupying.
- A car hits you from behind. You come to a halt at a stop sign/cross walk/intersection or for a deer that appears in the road when, the driver behind you doesn’t see you or isn’t just paying attention and slams into you at high speed. Even the lowest speed impact can severely injury or even kill a motorcyclist.
- A car opened its door. You are safely driving down a street when, all of a sudden, a driver swings his or her door wide open right in front of you.
Regardless of how the accident happened, a rider on a motorcycle can sustain devastating life-altering injuries or death when invovled in an accident even though they are wearing all their full protective gear. Those riders who do not wear their full protective gear can sustain even more severe, life-threatening injuries or death. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a deadly accident on the road than those in passenger cars.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for some or all of the following:
- Full medical expenses incurred as a result of your injury;
- The future cost of treatment;
- Loss of past, present and future wages;
- Loss of enjoyment of life, past, present and futue;
- Past, present and future pain and suffering;
- Disability and impairment;
- Disfigurement and scarring;
- Loss of consortium due to the effect of your injuries on your spouse; and
- Damage to your motorcycle, helmet and personal protective equipment.
Scherline & Associates is proud to be a sponsor of the 2017 Fleetwood Community Carnival, held July 18-July 22, 2017. The carnival helps raise money for all non-profit... Full Story